Friday, March 10, 2006

Never delay goodwill

Proverbs 3

27 Do not withhold good from those who deserve it; when it is in your power to act.
28 Do not say to your neighbor, "Come back later; I'll give it tomorrow" - when you now have it with you.

Its amazing how God can speak to you in his many wonderful and mysterious ways. You read His Word and suddenly a verse or two jumps out and rings a bell.

"How relevant and applicable, to my current context." You whisper.

The essence of these two verses simply states that you should never delay goodwill. Do what you can do today. Why wait for tomorrow to come?

Many times I play the waiting game. I think I still have time. I procrastinate. I wait for tomorrow and when tomorrow comes, I wait again.

Somehow, reality gives me a tight slap. I recover and before I retaliate, I realise that tomorrow may not come. We just assume it does. We are taking God's grace for granted. How foolish of me.

Even the secular world says, "Live your days as if each was your last."

How true. And now the Bible confirms it.

No comments: