Thursday, March 09, 2006

I'm not that effective after all

Just when I thought that God has made me mature, I found out that there's more to be done.

Yes. God did shape up and harden my character through suffering and hardship. I did become more patient, more tolerant and more understanding. I put my utmost in whatever I do. Fine. But the story doesn't end here.

I look around me and there's a lot more to be done. Friendships and relationships to be touched by reconcilation. People around me to influence in a positive and encouraging manner.

Reason being, it all starts with me. I'm not stating that I'm weak or what, but I'm merely being real.

Take for example: a person who doesn't take his work seriously.

What we usually do is we stand from the sidelines and start blaming the person. We reveal his mistakes and expose his vulnerability. We rebuke and curse him.

"Its definitely his fault."
"Its always him."
"Ahh...he's just brought up that way. That's why."

Wake up, shall we? Stop blaming if you don't plan to rectify the situation. It doesn't help improve anything when you just stand there and shell those remarks of yours.

Ask yourself, "Have I done anything to help him?" and "What can I do to help him?"

If you aren't useful or if you think you can't help (according to your abilities), then move aside.

Be proactive and seek to understand his feelings. Understand what he is going through. Once you are able to see things from his perspective, then maybe he's not that bad afterall.

If we did make the effort and things don't improve the way we want them to, don't feel bad. This isn't failure. God has the solution, nevertheless. But at least, you have done your part. And once you do your best, God will take care of the rest.

But how about those people who don't even deserve our attention, but are still getting in our way?

I don't know lah....I'm only human.

No comments: