Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Okay...so a vision's important...really

School starts next week. And I'm feeling kind of worried, anxious and a little fearful. Thinking of the hectic schedule, the impending workloads, and the commitments up my sleeve the next semester makes me wanna dig a trench and hide in it for good.

But I realise that these emotions and feelings aren't everything.

Thing is, to survive the road ahead, I've got to stay focused on my destination. Many times it's easy to lose track of things and wonder off course, only to realise that you've wasted so much time wandering about while you should have spent that time moving on.

My life vision is: To live wholeheartedly and passionately for God, being sharp and sensitive in effectiveness, walking intimately with Him and experiencing His abundance.

My core values are: Discipline, Diligence, Discernment, Passion, Faithfulness, Humility and Integrity.

To tell you the truth, and nothing but the truth, I am ready to die for my vision.

I know this vision is something that will hold me through and help me look beyond my circumstances in the days to come.

Thinking about the reason why I came up with all this actually gives me the conviction and empowerment to strive to live the way God intended me to live. I know I can never rely on emotional highs and sometimes, people because all these will falter.

But one thing I'm sure of is God Himself. He's the One who is faithful and omnipotent even till the very end of time.

So what's your purpose and/or vision?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm honestly shocked and very worried by the comments you've made on your website.

You would die for god ? You are devoting your life to god ?

Please think through this very very carefully.

Clearly your feelings about religion make you feel all warm and fuzzy. You seem a smart guy and I'm sure you are rational in most aspects. We apply rational though to all the other aspects of life, yet when we are talking about god we suddenly ignore all rational ideas and become christian apologetics - we defend god against any kind of rational thought processes.

The bible is a confused mess of ideas, its contradictory and describes a god that is vengeful, genocidal, homophobic and mysogynistic just to name a few qualities.

I suggest you challenge your religious ideals in the same way you would any other thoughts or ideas.

I wish you well and please think carefully about what youre saying.

James