Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Exactly one week since the Surrender

Precisely 7 days ago, on 19th April 2006 (Wednesday), I surrendered my life, my all and my everything to God. I recommitted my self, my life, my being, my service, my thoughts, my actions towards the fulfilment of His Will and the extension of His Kingdom.

Surrendering means trusting and thrusting everything in and to God.

I discarded some things which would take my focus away from God - computer games. Yes. I threw every single CD or DVD which I could find in my room. As I walked towards the rubbish chute with those disks, I felt a little ashamed by what I did with the resources God blessed me with.

Stupid, demonic, fruitless games. They almost cost me my 'A' levels and my faith.

13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. 1 Cor 10

But thank God, He provided a way out for me before I was totally enslaved by that RPG.

With God's help, I took a bold step of faith.

In all I do, I do it unto and for Him. In all I do, I try my utmost not to doubt or worry or fear.

I live my life and my days from then on this verse:

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Prov 3

I pray everyday with faith, with confidence and with conviction. I placed the Lord before me and my ways and never looked back. And God is faithful, He did answer my prayers. Praise be to Him!

I never want to question or doubt God anymore. I don't want to be anxious or worry about anything. I want to trust in Him and Him only.

=====

The world torments the body,
The demons torture the flesh,
But my faith shall not falter,
My spirit lives with the Lord forever.

Shadows engulf me from the outside,
Suffering strike me from the outside,
Death humiliates me from the outside,
But the Lord dwells inside me,
I shall not fear.

The devil takes away my family,
The world plunders my possessions,
The people steal all my finances,
But I have God,
So I have everything.

Your will be done.

No comments: