Sunday, April 09, 2006

I bar RPGs in Jesus' name

In the past week, I installed an RPG (Role Playing Game) named The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I must say that I was addicted to it.

There was so much to do (in that 'world'). Train up your character, collect powerful items and artifacts, complete countless quests, slay demons and sorcerers, etc.

The list of possiblities is never-ending.

Playing this game is sinful in nature.
  1. It places you above God - that you are in control of the 'world' you are in. Do whatever you want for whatever you desire. Want something to happen? Not need to pray, just cast a spell.
  2. It takes you away from God - one more minute in the game is one less minute spent with God.
  3. It does not glorify Him - completing quests results in fame and fortune. For who? You, not God.
  4. It does not fulfil His will and expand His kingdom - when playing, I'm not worshipping God, praising His name, living a Christlike life, proclaiming the Good News, etc.
  5. It focuses on the evil one - demons, imps, dragons, orcs, trolls, elves, etc. Creatures which are not of God.
No wonder after many hours of gaming in the day, I can't sleep peacefully at night. I feel scared at times. My spirit feels disturbed. I'm not as open and receptive to His Word in church.

Truth is, IT'S SO NICE TO SIN!

19 For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do - this I keep on doing. Romans 7

But there is hope.

13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Phi 4

=====

Moments ago, I cleared my hard disks of all games and unrighteous files.

From then, I felt so liberated, so light. Such great a burden being lifted off me. Also, I have more hard disk space now - for photoshop, of course!

Praise the Lord!

Not my will, but Your's be done.

Amen.

No comments: