Sunday, May 07, 2006

Quick and brief updates.

=====

Prayed for God to open doors to ministries for me. Many opened. One open door came up to me.

Kah Woon introduced me to Victor Seet. Victor's supervising at least one Sec 4 cell. He happens to know that the Sec 2 cells are in need of new cell leaders (especially males because majority of leaders are female down there).

Victor was told about my situation - willing to try out new things while firm commitment comes later. He suggested I sit in for a few of the Sec 2's cell meetings.

The Sec 2's meet on Sat afternoon which means I can't attend my current cell if I go for their's. And when I'm fully integrated with the Sec 2's as their assistant cell leader, I will have to detach myself from NTU cell.

"To embrace the new is to release the old."

Really need to pray and seek God's wisdom and discernment about this. Whatever He says, I pray that He will give me strength to obey.

Not my will but His be done.

=====

Lots of free time coming up. Clearing leave before ORD.

But realised I'm not that free after all. No part-time jobs for me. Treasures in heaven are better.

Guitar lessons. Can't wait to start. Been practising on my Dad's acoustic at home. Learnt some of the basic, common chords (A, D, G). Fingers painful. But no pain, no gain.

"Though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name."

It would be a new avenue for me to worship God. Not to impress others or make myself feel good, but to glorify God. I'm doing it for Jesus.

Varsity Camp publicity. Helping out David with whatever creative juices I have left. That means I need to rely on God's creativity and inspiration. Due in some days time. Need to hurry.

Photoshop. Haven't touched in a long time. Need to get back to it to do the publicity designs for the Varsity Camp.

DistractionDomain.com. Hai....So much backlog. Got new design idea up my sleeve. But this site is far down in my list of priorities.

Jogging. Yes. Either in the morning or evening. Incoming flab. Your body is the temple for God's spirit. Present it to Him as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing in His sight. Therefore, I need to stay fit and healthy.

Bible study and God's Word. Nice. Can never have enough of them. God always gives me the chance to apply and share whatever I learnt. Can't wait to attain more wisdom.

5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. James 1

=====

That's all for now.

No comments: