Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Lord gives and takes away

21 "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised." Job 1

Every good and perfect gift comes from above. And if the Lord takes away some things from us, we must know that they are effected with His good intentions in mind.

Today, a very close brother and cell-mate of mine, Timothy, left for Brunei for good. Just when we got to know each other much better after the mission trip (which was a few months back), he has to leave.

Just as much as I long for him to stay longer, or even a little while longer, I still know that it is His will which will overrule all.

21 Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. Prov 19

Some things which happen around us we will never be able to understand even with the greatest of all intellect. For the wisdom of man is foolishness in His sight.

Despite the shortcomings in my knowledge and wisdom, I still know that His plans for Timothy are good and purposeful. Not my will but His be done.

Definitely his departure isn't the end, but only the beginning. We may be separated by great land masses and bodies of water but we are still one in the body of Christ. And thank God for advancement in modern technology which makes telecommunication so much more accessible.

So, we aren't really that separated after all, aren't we?

No comments: