Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Lesson of Humility

34 He mocks proud mockers but gives grace to the humble. Prov 3

12 For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted. Matt 23

2 When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. Prov 11

=====

I never dare except any commendation or praise from fellow man again. Whatever good works I produce - they all come from the Father. God is working through me. I'm just a medium for Him to minister to others.

I never dare say that:
  • I am good
  • I can
  • I am able
For all our skills, talents, abilities, strength, competence, wisdom, knowledge, giftings, etc, come from God.

To say that I am fine by myself is irreverence to the Lord. It's a self-centered, despicable remark.

=====

27 ..."With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." Mark 10

2 I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing." Psalm 16

31 The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord. Prov 21

5 Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 2 Cor 3

=====

There are so many opportunities for us to make choices. [1] To think that God is responsible for it all and it's only possible because of Him. [2] To think that we are good because we can.

The Lord indeed provides me with an abundance of humble pies. Humble pie buffet. All you can eat...

No comments: