Monday, June 12, 2006

13 Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you punish him with the rod, he will not die.
14 Punish him with the rod and save his soul from death.
Prov 23

11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
Hebrews 12


My brother.

Who loves to play computer games (Gunz and Maple Story) and lying plainly to me and my parents.

He's so good at lying that his conscience doesn't prick him anymore and he can do that without twitching his eyelids.
  1. He knows he has work to do.
  2. He is capable of doing that work.
  3. He has more than enough time to do that work.
  4. We reminded him to restrict his leisure time.
  5. We told him in the first place already.
  6. We constantly remind him.
  7. We constantly pray for him.
Yet he still dares to spend the majority, if not all, of his time on computer games. When questioned about his work, he dares to lie.

He has no grounds to defend himself.

I have to step in and intervene. I can't keep quiet and just watch him waste his life away.

Now my voice and palms. Next time, I'm using the rod.

I just can't stand it when people take the nice-ness of Christ in me for granted.

They can disrespect me all they want. But they shall answer for their irreverence towards God when the time comes.

No comments: